September 11, 2010

My very own Andreas Fault

Well it's happened again-- La marka de verguenza--a massive nap mark crevice running down from the corner of my eye to my mouth telling the world that I took a nap. Yes, let's shout it from the roof tops. I tried massaging it out but that didn't seem to help much. I had to go grocery shopping so I walked around the store with my head at a slight angle away from oncoming people, like that would do any good. They must have thought I had some sort of nervous tic problem. I find it interesting that I don't seem to get these nap marks when I wake up in the morning, yet I sure get them when I take a nap during the day. Why is that? Maybe since it's a little warmer during the day the skin tissue is a little more pliable and hence more apt to get a glorious indentation. Of course it'd help to not bury my face in the pillow--just sleep on my back, but then I don't get the full satisfaction of a heavy duty, topnotch nap. What a dilemma. Maybe there's some type of face guard out there--a sock one pulls over one's face, a head sock if you will, to protect it from getting these embarrassing marks--maybe they even come with tassels.

1 comment:

  1. Galen, you are hilarious. I've heard that silk pillow cases help with "nap hair" so maybe they would help with "nap faces" too. All in all, I think a nap face is worth the price for a good nap. Alan says you need to learn to sleep like a horse -- standing up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments