November 2, 2009

Baseball

It's that time of year where baseball gets kind of interesting. Some questions that I might ask a player:

You don't see a football, basketball or hockey coach wear the player's uniform, so why does the manager of a baseball team wear the same uniform as the players? Is there that slight possibility that the manager might actually get out there and play?

Why do you guys spit so much? Do you at home? If so, what does your wife think of it?

Now if I were to attempt to slide into a base, I'd run, fall and just stop dead in my tracks about five feet away from the base (writhing in unabashed pain). So, how do you actually do that slide?

Finally, how do you hit a ball going 90 mph? I don't suppose that's easy and that's one of the reasons I watch some.

3 comments:

  1. You've got some good questions there. Let me know if you find the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that there is no way to leave comments on "Galen's Gallery?" Hmm. I liked your painting of the Abstract Artist, and how he was bald and pudgy.

    p.s. I think I'm going to have nightmares about your antelope island experience. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I'm unable to set up the Gallery blog with comments. Probably some type of code glitch that I have no idea how to resolve.

    ReplyDelete

Comments